- Angela Duckworth’s great lecture on “True Grit”
*Cool TED talks
- We Feel Fine – searches the world’s blog posts for occurrences of the
phrases “I feel” and “I am feeling,” revealing emotion and humanity behind what would otherwise be plain old text.
- Jonathan Harris’s website www.number27.org (same guy who did We Feel Fine) – really creative guy. Specializes in using digital media, computers, programming and the Internet to tell stories.
- University of California Television – Launched in January 2000, University of California Television (UCTV) is a non-commercial channel featuring 24/7 programming from throughout the University of California, the nation’s premier research university made up of ten campuses, three national labs and affiliated institutions.
- MIT’s OpenCourseWare site – the best and most comprehensive resources on thousands of courses offered at MIT. Includes course-outlines, lecture notes, problem sets and (occasionally) videos of lectures. (also video lectures site, but less comprehensive)
- Paul Hawken – University of Portland ‘09 Commencement Address. Inspiring.
Bibliotherapy from The School of Life – reading prescriptions for any ailment (well they’ve got a couple anyways). I just really love the concept of reading as a prescription!!
Some sample prescriptions:
Watch this video. You’ll feel happy afterwards, and you’ll be glad you watched it. Seriously.