- 21st century education has arrived. The Big History Project (above). Bill Gates throws his weight behind a brilliant history professor and creates an interactive website which has lesson plans, assessments, videos, links, worksheets, and everything you might want when teaching high school history about the big questions in life. So very happy to see this!! Now we just need this for 25 other topics/subjects and we will have a world-class education available to anyone with an internet connection! How exciting.
- Two photos of the Shanghai skyline taken 26 years apart. Definitely the most incredible image I’ve seen this year. Pictures speak a thousand words.
- The history of the world since 2000 BC distilled into a single graph – wow. WOW!
- 40 maps that will help you make sense of the world – incredible!
- Great 2 minute video animation about the Pale Blue Dot
- Great OECD case study on the success of education reform in Brazil: “Brazil: Encouraging lessons from a large federal system“
- Teaching teachers technology – M&G article summarizing the recent EdTech conference in SA.
- “You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with” This awesome group photo from the Solvay International Conference on Electrons and Protons has 29 people in it, 17 had already won or would go on to win the Nobel Prize. Go Marie Curie!
Hi Nic – loved your single graph and the 40 maps. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend. If you don’t use the mouse for your laptop or you can use a wireless mouse, won’t you bring the wired mouse back and I’ll give you the wireless one. Love you Dad xo